We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

3G/4G Cellular Broadband for Office v. Ethernet Broadband!

science wiz

Likes # 0

**i have a serious problem with internet accessibility in the office here in my country. i spend more than half or almost all of the week with without internet. we work in a team and internet access is a vital tool for the implementation of our office work. every time the technicians come, they just move around and go and nothing ever gets to work. lately i have considered switching to 3G/4G internet via HSDPA modems with WCDMA attached to a compartible router which has equal coverage to normal routers. i pay $90 per month on the dead and almost extinct ethernet, whilst i can pay just about $37.5 for an even better plan on cellular broadband, and i get assured of blazing superfast speeds of up to 7.2Mbps which is thousands more faster than the ethernet internet. i am seeking advice on the coverage of the WiFi in my office to supply computers and the effectiveness of cellular broadband. if i get the idea that its dependable, i find it better than the current ethernet internet that is making our office works lag behind by not only hours or days but also by weeks and more! closely similarities between the cellular and ethernet internet here in my country is that, i have monthly plans and the cellular plan proves to be much cheaper, lightning and super fast and flexible too! but i need to learn from experiences of experts to be able to make the correct choice. if the answer is positive, please advice me of the componets that i need to buy and have with me to complete the installation of the HSDPA/WCDMA 3G router that also has an ethernet port for use in the office. thanks, i appreciate your support, best regards, /Godbless P. Haule**

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks