We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Home MiFi, Home WiFi Setup

science wiz

Likes # 0

hi!

i have set up a MiFi device for home use, when my laptop is on, i can see the device and i can access it, i can also access the 4GB TF card (memory card) in the MiFi device.

the problem though is, the device connects and shows 1. "Excellent Connection" 2. "No Internet Access"

i am not an expert, but i have inserted the simcard in the MiFi and i have enough credit and a one month internet bundle inside but, the device can not allow me access to internet!

if i take-off the simcard and insert in my 4G modem and also in a 3G modem, i get internet as usual with no problem at all and at blazing speed!

but once i take it off-the-3G/4G modems and insert it in the 3G MiFi devicem it shows that the connection is excellent with excellent signal but still displays "No Internet Access" and i have not since been able to tell what to do to solve that bug and retain internet connection.

i have two MiFi gadgets on my hand, the one i have tested already looks similar to this one in e-bay site:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAME-A10-Unlocked-3G-GSM-Wireless-Router-WiFi-MiFi-GSM-WCDMA-New-/270847040375?pt=AU_Networking&hash=item3f0fbddb77

that is similar to the one that has failed to show me internet access.

The nest one that i have but havent tested yet is exactly the same make to this one below here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/D2042B-3G-WiFi-MiFi-Wireless-Router-AP-GSM-WCDMA-New-E8-USB-RJ45-/170753276314?pt=LHDefaultDomain0&hash=item27c1b0399a#ht4478wt902

as of this one, please give me guidance if any so that i can be able to make correct configuration on the connection settings to have it working right away.

as for the one with access inability, please advice me the solution to the internet accessibility issue so that i can be able to connect with ease.

thanking you in anticipation,

Best Regards,

Godbless P. Haule - 2012

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days