We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Changing ISP, but what about emails?

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

This question as no doubt been asked many times, so please bear with me!.

Considering changing my long term ISP to another that might be more reliable. The problem that I have, is the email address that I am using, which is registered as a contact point with quite a number of people and companies.

Is there a simple method of retaining the email address, or do I have to contact everyone with a new email address?.

If I use a new email address, would all previous emails stored or in the pipeline become 'extinct'?.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Just had a look at the links, and it appears changing email address is fairly straight forward. The mail2web seems interesting,and I will look into that further. One thing that comes to mind, is if the ISP server is down, like TalkTalk told me theirs was?.

wiz-king. I already have a number of domains registered to me, and use email hosting from them. The problem lies with TalkTalk's webmail.

Secret-Squirrel. I was getting at one stage a maximum of possible 1Mb, when other people in my area with Tiscali/TalkTalk were getting nearer 6Mb. BT confirmed that I should have 6Mb+, but for some reason the system wasn't giving it. They changed many items, including equipment and profiles, and I eventually ended up with 5Mb and a more stable line. Both TT and BT have stated that their monitoring shows a fault, but due to its nature, they cannot pinpoint it at this moment in time?.

Thanks again everyone. I will now tick this as resolved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features