We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems with a new custom PC

simeondorelov

Likes # 0

Hello :)

I recently bought myself new parts for my PC and this is what came out of it in the end:

CPU: Core i7 2600k GPU: Asus ENGTX570 Mobo: Asus P8Z68-v PRO PSU: Corsair CX1050 HDD: 3x 1 TB Different drives RAM: DDR3 8GB Dual Channel

I am really happy with the setup and the pure speed of that i7, but ever since the upgrade the computer has been completely useless. Almost all applications fail or crash in some way !

iTunes and Safari don`t even bother to start Firefox starts but crashes shortly afterwords BS Player crashes when you try to play s.th. BitCommet crashes when you try to delete a task Opera crashes when you try to use plug-ins (flash) NFS The Run crashes when you are reset in the game Total Media Theater crashes on startup On the other hand Photoshop starts whenever it feels like it but that`s not related, I think.

So I end up with an extreme PC (as I see it at least) that can`t handle daily stuff !?!?!?

I really hope that someone will help me with this before I go crazy ! ;) I just can`t see what they all have in common.

Anyways, thanks in advanced!

Like this post
simeondorelov

Likes # 0

C:\Windows\system32\atklumdisp.dll C:\Windows\syswow64\SHELL32.dll C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll C:\Windows\system32\atkdx11disp.dll

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Try slim drivers free ver 2.2 freebie cnet.com and do scan.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

dll fixers are a waste of time and can cause more trouble.

you could try a repair install from the dvd but as you have so many pronlems a clean install would be better.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

As Fruit Bat has rightfully said, a repair install will,in my opinion, cause more problems than it solves. When ever a major upgrade of PC components is involved then a complete reinstall of Windows is the best way to insure that you do not have driver problems.

To make the process a little less time consuming you can download and burn to DVD a slipstreamed version of Windows 7: Win 7 + SP1 and also use something like this to make installing lots of popular software at the same time:Software.

Using this method can make the installation process a little simpler and take a lot less time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...