We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems with a new custom PC

simeondorelov

Likes # 0

Hello :)

I recently bought myself new parts for my PC and this is what came out of it in the end:

CPU: Core i7 2600k GPU: Asus ENGTX570 Mobo: Asus P8Z68-v PRO PSU: Corsair CX1050 HDD: 3x 1 TB Different drives RAM: DDR3 8GB Dual Channel

I am really happy with the setup and the pure speed of that i7, but ever since the upgrade the computer has been completely useless. Almost all applications fail or crash in some way !

iTunes and Safari don`t even bother to start Firefox starts but crashes shortly afterwords BS Player crashes when you try to play s.th. BitCommet crashes when you try to delete a task Opera crashes when you try to use plug-ins (flash) NFS The Run crashes when you are reset in the game Total Media Theater crashes on startup On the other hand Photoshop starts whenever it feels like it but that`s not related, I think.

So I end up with an extreme PC (as I see it at least) that can`t handle daily stuff !?!?!?

I really hope that someone will help me with this before I go crazy ! ;) I just can`t see what they all have in common.

Anyways, thanks in advanced!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Op system?

W7 32 or 64bit?

do you have the correct drivers for your system?

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

What OS are you using (and 32 or 64 bit)?

Did you do a clean install? Where did you get all your drivers from? And the apps? Did you just swap the HDD?

Like this post
simeondorelov

Likes # 0

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

I kept my hard drives and just installed all the necessary drivers for the new tech!

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

I'd suggest re-installing W7 not just the drivers.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

And all the apps (redownload latest setups if necessary)

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

Have a look in Event Viewer to identify faults.

Like this post
simeondorelov

Likes # 0

Event viewer:

Errors

last hour: 2

24 hours: 147

7 days 18599

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

But what are the errors is there any commonality?

Like this post
simeondorelov

Likes # 0

I browsed around the event browser a bit and most Application Errors list as "Path to the module with errors" different dll files in syswow64 and other windows folders.

is this the problem ?

Like this post
simeondorelov

Likes # 0

If so can i use a dll fixer or something to make it easier or do i need to swap the manually. Either way would quicker and easier than reinstalling, believe me!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...