We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer Error Message

ponytail

Likes # 0

I keep getting the following message.

A small diagram of a globe with a red cross on the botton L/H corner followed by internet explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try Diagnose Connection Problems

more information

This appears at different times I can be in a website and when I click on a link this comes up I then go out of the website back in and no problem.It happens for no apparent reason.The internet must be up or I would not get into the site in the first place possible virus maybe.Any ideas

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Is it Adblock Plus that you are referring to (on the taskbar bottom left of screen) ? There is a small down arrow right next to this - click on it and disable whatever is appropriate to your problem

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi northumbria61 here is another example I just clicked on your reply and this message appeared I clicked on the back arrow then clicked on your reply again and this time it was fine so then I clicked on the back arrow again then clicked on your reply and it appeared again it appears in the top left side of the screen.It is the same message you would get if your internet connection was down.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try deleting your Browser history -

1. Start Internet Explorer.

2. Click the Safety button, and then click Delete Browsing History.

3. Select the check box next to each category of information you want to delete.

4. Select the Preserve Favorites website data check box if you do not want to delete the cookies and files associated with websites in your Favorites list.

5. Click Delete. (This could take awhile if you have a lot of files and history.)

6. Close Internet Explorer, start Internet Explorer again, and then try to access the Web page.

If you receive the same error message, go to the next method.

Use the Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) mode

1. To do this, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

If this resolves the issue, follow these steps to isolate the browser add-on that is causing the issue: 1.Click Tools, and then click Internet Options. 2.Click the Programs tab, and then click Manage add-ons. 3.Click an add-on in the Name list, and then click Disable. 4.Repeat step 3 until you identify the add-on that is causing the issue.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...