We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Strange symbols in Windows Live emails

DeeGee
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have recently acquired a new computer operating Windows 7. Not being able to use Outlook Express I am now using Windows Live Mail for sending and receiving emails and have notice a peculiarity. Instead of hyphens and apostrophes I am typing peculiar symbols including euro symbol. Finding this very frustrating. I am using a cordless Logitech keyboard, is this part of the problem? Plain English language in any answers please, I am 72yrs old and although computer literate, don't understand gobbledeegook! Thanks in advance.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 1

Check your Keyboard settings

Like this post
NewestRoyWidd1

Likes # 1

Your keyboard settings need to be United Kingdom English

Like this post  
DeeGee

Likes # 0

Thanks to sharpamat and NewestRoyWidd1 - have now resolved this issue.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK