We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Digital Image Recovery folder

tonyq
Resolved

Likes # 0

In the programs folder in my Windows Vista there is a folder named "Digital Image Recovery", which as 4.86gb of photos,which I presume is all my pictures. Can anyone enlighten me as to what it may be connected with and can I delete it? I can't see anything in the Programs and Features Add/Remove that may be connected with it.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

Hi all, can I presume from the no postings that no one else as this folder? Can I rephrase my question then,How do I find out what program it is connected with, if it is connected to a program at all.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Right clicking on the folder then properties,does that throw up any clues as to its origin?

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

Hi Chronus, as far as I can see there is no mention of anything. Below is a picture of the properties/general http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/anthonyq/DigitalImageRecoveryProperties.jpg

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Google does not produce anything either. Something or rather some software has created it. I would back it up to an external drive then delete it from program files and see what happens.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

Do you think it would be OK to move it to the desk top and rename it, as I don't think I have 4.86gb spare on anything.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It's CampicRestor.zip, The program is called 'Digital Image Recovery' the free image recovery program that will search all drives and SDcards etc for images, especially useful if you have wiped the drive or card or deleted images you didn't mean to. Program has logo of white circle with red + on it.

What is Digital Image Recovery?

Digital Image Recovery is a data recovery tool for digital images. The program is designed for media used by digital cameras. Common media types are: Flash Card(TM), SmartMedia (TM), SONY Memory Stick (TM), IBM(TM) Micro Drive, Multimedia Card, Secure Digital Card and Compact Disc.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

I seem to recollect having a program with white circle with red + on it, Which I must have deleted as I don't have it now. Am I right in thinking that I can delete the "Digital Image Recovery" folder from the "Programs" folder as I have all my photos backed up to a external HDD

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Yes you can delete it or move it etc. If you uninstalled the program the folder will only be full of the all the images you 'recovered'. Suggest you have a look in Thumbnail view to make sure you don't want any of the images (pics) before you delete.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

I have bit the bullet and deleted the file. The folder was so large that it was to large to delete to the Recycle Bin,so it had to be straight delete so here's hoping. Thank you all for your help.

Like this post  
carolinebrown

Likes # 0

If you have lost your photos and image from memory card then user can restore it from the backup and in case backup is not available then user can try professional photo recovery software.

http://www.fotorettungsoftware.de

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015