We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Satellite Pro s300-121 Randomly Freezes

wishtobwireless

Likes # 0

Please can you help. My lap top freezes quite randomly. The screen freezes and sometimes the mouse freezes. When it freezes for a about 20 seconds I just sit and wait for a response. The system does not crash and always returns. I have AVG Free ed. Spybot and CC Cleaner and have run them all. Sometimes it says not responding on the Firefox toolbar but only some of the time. I originally thought it was our terrible broadband connection but it just doesnt seem connected. Any help would be appreciated as it can be pretty frustrating. Thank you

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 1

Most likely cause would be overheating but take a look here enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 1

It could also be Firefox - have you tried another browser - ie.Internet Explorer and does it happen with that also?

Like this post
wishtobwireless

Likes # 0

Thanks Northumbria Yes I had read that link but the fan doesnt come on and whilst the laptop feels warm, no hotter than another laptop in the house.

Ok will try Windows for the next couple of days and see if thats better. I just checked and on the latest version Cheers for your help

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest http://www.memtest86.com/

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 1

I am getting the same symptoms as you but with Internet Explorer 9, just goes misty and message pops up saying it's "not responding",

It usually recycles and recovers after a minute or so.

I'm running Firefox as well but it does not happen so frequently.

I think it's the lousy connection I have, less than 1Mb sometimes.

I'm having a to and fro with TalkTalk at the moment as to when they are connecting optic fibre to my road as BT has it already, they promised it last November, then moved to January, now saying March, I am thoroughly fed up with it but feel if I start to change it'll be a frying pan/fire scenario.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...