We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

audio drivers for compaq presario 061

weemacs

Likes # 0

Have formatted and rebuilt a compaq presario 061 pc for my friend but cannot find the audio drivers. System info also calls it Model SR1421 UK and GB 520. Can anyone help without putting me on to driver tool sites that will scan the system and want to charge me a fortune. The pc is running windows xp Pro sp2. with thanks

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

From this Click here it's an AC97

AC'97 Audio Codecs. Go to this Click here Click in the Box next to I accept to the above., Click the Next Button, The one you want is the Last Windows one that is a Zip File (Smallest) or the one Above that, It's the Exe file (Largest).

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Your official driver page SR1421UK is here which as Lazarus probably saw does not have the Audio driver.

I have the SR1619UK which does. Strange or bad document control.

Like this post
weemacs

Likes # 0

Thanks Guys. If I take Lazurus's suggestion click I accept and next then it takes me to a page which says moved her. Click here and it just takes me back to the original page.Robinofloxley is correct there are no audio drivers on the official page so what do i do now. Help please.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

You can get them from Click Here

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Not all driver scanners cost money. I use Slimdrivers which is free. One of the optional sites it points to for a particular driver is usually the manufacturers website.

Like this post
weemacs

Likes # 0

Thanks guys problem solved, much appreciated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home