We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

touchpad pointer out of control

patso

Likes # 0

hi can anyone help with this problem,my pointer is all over the screen when i hover with it on the touchpad,it keeps selecting text and moving allover the screen,the only way i can control it is by plugging in an exterior mouse, when i do this i can control the pointer with my finger,i am using hp cq 60 laptop with vista home premiun,the pointer is synaptics pointing device,i tried uninstalling and downloading the latest driver from them and was the same when i rebooted.i had to do a system restore to get back to square one whats gone wrong pc laptop,its driving me mad it keeps selecting text and highlighting text when i hover with it,any help please before i hurl it out the window,thanks

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Synaptics FAQ

Look at Pointer behaving erratically or ay other that may be pertinent

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015