We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Want to upgrade my GFX card to play SWTOR and Diablo 3.

FoxiUK

Likes # 0

Hi, I am wanting to upgrade my Radeon HD 4650 to a 1GB nVidia Geforce GTX 560.

My MotherBoard is: Acer FMCP7AM - PCI-E

Ram: 4gb DDR2

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300

• Is this upgrade doable? -

I am looking for any help or advice.

Thanks.

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

It will depend on your power supply.

See bottom of the page GeForce GTX 560 Specifications

Like this post
FoxiUK

Likes # 0

My PSU is 450W, I am thinking of upgrading it to 550w.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

No need for two posts on the same subject: Duplicate.

Upgrading your PSU to 550W will be fine but make sure that the PSU you choose has two 6 pin PCI-E connectors for the GTX 560,If I were you I would go for the Ti version,an overall better GPU.

Like this post
FoxiUK

Likes # 0

Yes,the duplicate, is actually in the wrong place and had insufficent information. It can be deleted if needs be.

I am planning on getting the GTX 560 Ti and probably a 650W Cooler Master GX.

GFX CARD http://www.dabs.com/products/evga-geforce-gtx-560-ti-900mhz-1gb-pci-express-hdmi-superclocked-7VQG.html

PSU http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Power+Supplies/650W+or+less/650W+Cooler+Master+GX+80PLUS+Bronze+Power+Supply+?productId=47892

is this doable with the hardware I already have?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Yes it is "Doable",I cannot find out much about your Mobo except that it is quite old, but you should be fine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...