We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Crashed PC

pjay45

Likes # 0

Hi all could anyone help me with this problem? My system is a self build with Asus P8Z68-V Pro and Intel i5 2500k chip. I installed 6 updates from Microsoft about 7:30 this eveving and my machine has not worked since. It will not boot from hard disc or Win7 CD. Screen is white all the time. I have disconnected HD and I cannot get into the BIOS either. Any thoughts?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Can you get into safe mode (tap f8 on startup) - you may be able to select Last Known Good Configuration

Like this post
pjay45

Likes # 0

Unfortunatly not, when I turn on machine screen is all white and cannot see anything I cannot even get into the bios, which I have reset.

Like this post
Snrub

Likes # 0

You associate problem with windows updates but check all external leads between rear of computer and monitor, unplug and reconnect including power leads, may be bad contact?

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"when I turn on machine screen is all white and cannot see anything I cannot even get into the bios"

A Windows update can't cause those problems, so, for starters, try connecting a different monitor.

Like this post
pjay45

Likes # 0

connected another monitor it worked! am in safe mode restoring to a point before update. Will keep you posted. Thank you.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"connected another monitor it worked! "

Thanks for the update PJ.

"am in safe mode restoring to a point before update"

Don't go tinkering too much as it's not a Windows problem. It's likely that the monitor's packed in :( You can prove this of course by connecting it to a different PC.

Like this post
pjay45

Likes # 0

Thank you Secret Squirell restored to previous point ok reconnected to original monitor - white out! So must now get a new monitor problem solved! Thank you all.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK