We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WHERE CAN I FIND MY PSK TO SECURE MY WIRELESS CONNECTION

philfrisby

Likes # 0

Hi, I have a Belkin G Router that is connected by Wi-Fi to My Toshiba Laptop, I only have to put my password in to connect the Laptop. How can I find that?? I must have had it once to connect the laptop? surely? Will it be stored anywhere on my Laptop?

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Check router for sticker etc.,

How to retrieve a wireless security password

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

philfrisby

It could be on the back of your router! WPA PSK-----

TonyV

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I think you will find that its the routers password that you need.This will not be stored on your laptop. If you are one of the many people who forget to change the default login info then it might well be on the label on the router.Quite often it is nothing more than Admin for user name and Password for password.

If you did change it and have then forgotten it then you will have to reset the router,usually done bu sticking a thin item in a hole at the back of the router. This will reset everything back to default settings that it came with when you bought it.

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Add - Re above retrieval step 3 - If you have been using a desktop with this router hard wire connect router to PC and follow instructions.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

List of default Router Logins pdf (not same as Wifi Keys)

Laptop must use same encoding as the router is expecting. ie WEP, WPA or WPA2. WPA2 is best.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...