We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Wireless Printer Needed

Input Overload

Likes # 0

After dreadful noises came from my Canon printer last night I saw the keyboard cable had been dragged into the rear paper tray & the printer is now suitable only for ornamental purposes due to the profusion of disintegrated cogs etc.

I like Canon printers but I need a wireless preferably with a scanner that can use compatible cartridges or reasonably priced OEM's. My broken Canon used separate cartridges for each colour which I found useful.

However I'm willing to look at anything although I do a fair bit of printing & some photographs so keeping costs down is important & I would prefer for this use an inkjet. It’s a while since I bought a printer so I’m a bit out of my depth at the moment.

Anyone found & or uses a printer with the above they like?

Thanks.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Bit late now, but if you wanted to stick with Canon, then Staples http://www.staples.co.uk have the Canon Pixma MX410 4 in 1 wireless (print/scan/copy/fax) for £39.99 (saving £80.00?) delivered next day free. Online/store (same price) reference 412677.

As already been suggested, HP support is getting rather bad.

Like this post
Epson_Kid

Likes # 0

You could try the following newish printers from Hewlett Packard:

HP Officejet 6000 WIFI HP Officejet 6500 Wifi

An advantage is that Jettec have brought out fairly cheap cartridges for them, which is often the most important factor when buying a new printer. My daughter-in-law uses the HP Officejet 6500 Wifi in her office to share and rates it.

Regards,

James.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Sorry I suggested a Kodak after the recent news!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Epson_Kid - the OP bought a Kodak. One thing to be wary of with the HP's is their autoduplex facility. Too many people of complained of reduced size documents when using duplex.

Like this post
Epson_Kid

Likes # 0

Woolwell, ah right, wasn't aware of that. Maybe I'll still to recommending Epson printers in future!

James.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

@onthelimit1: I would buy the Kodak printer again: I like it & at the end of the day it's an £89 printer not a house or car & I now have sufficient genuine waterproof ink to last for some time.

I hope the printer division keeps going as it would I think in time it will bring down the cost of ink from other printer manufacturers.

I notice last night on Gold channel they were advertising Kodak printers so Kodak (UK)? seem to want to keep the ball rolling.

Like this post
Epson_Kid

Likes # 0

Good be pre-paid adverts? Kodak will continue in one form or another, no doubt. It has a valued name and reputation.

James.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...