We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where does iTunes store music files?

hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Hi Folks,

I am using WMP 12 normally, but since getting an iPhone have iTunes installed. I thought music in my My Music folder would show automatically in iTunes but it doesnt seem to. This is the folder where WMP looks for music I think, so why doesny iTunes do the same?

So far i dont find iTunes easier than WMP, as some friends said it would be.

thanks

h

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

iTunes files are stored in a folder called iTunes, which is inside your music folder. When you start iTunes it loads your music library from that folder.

Like this post
hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Thanks for that. So I have quite a lot of music files and folders in My Music; do I have to manually drag them to the iTunes folder?

thanks

h

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

No, the tunes will be added to your itunes library when you make playlists and add tunes to your iphone.Just leave the music where it is in your My Music folder and add what you want to your phone.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback