We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

failed laptop boot

damnthispc
Resolved

Likes # 0

My Acer aspire 6530G will only go as far as lighting the LEDs at the top of the keyboard, I can hear the optical dive initialize and the fan spin briefly then it all shuts down. 10 or so seconds later it repeats this process. I have tried the following 1. removing each RAM in turn and tryinh them in the other slots in pairs and singlarly 2. removeed the battery and tried AC only 3. tried the hold power button without AC or battery as mentioned on one of the supprt pages 4. removed and re seated the HDD. 5. tried anti virus rescue just in case its a boot sector virus 6. tried a win 7 recovery in options 5 & 6 the disks couldn't be read In all cases there has been no change in the outcome. Any suggestions please

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

If shutting down within a few seconds it may be overheating.

try clearing all the fluff form the grills -do you hear the fan start up?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Have you tried starting in safe mode.

Like this post
damnthispc

Likes # 0

Fruit bat.. yes de fluffed buteman.. can't get to bios even so no safe mode

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

remove all power supplies and remove cmos battery for 10 mins

refit and retry

Like this post
damnthispc

Likes # 0

solved it, tried hd in another pc, no boot, tried another laptop hd in the aspire... bingo away it went

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014