We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

graphics card advice

DLMLUS

Likes # 0

Hi I own a acerx3950, running w7 ultimate. I need advice with the possibilty of replacing the onboard graphics(intelHD). My acer has a i5 cpu with 8gb ddr3 memory. The problem i think may be the the PSU which is only 220W also the acer is low profile.

If possible could you advise a card or is the on board graphics OK. The computer is mainly used as a htpc.

Thanks Dan [email protected]

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

If you mainly use the PC as an HTPC then why do you feel the need to upgrade the graphics card?

Could you post a link to your PC?

Like this post
DLMLUS

Likes # 0

Chronus

Thanks for your reply,Link below My comp has a i5CPU the one in the review is a i3 The reason i have asked for advice is, If i don,t need to buy a card i,ll save money.

http://compreviews.about.com/od/sff/gr/Acer-Aspire-AX3950-U2042.htm

Thanks again Dan

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

If your only going to be using it as a HTPC then a graphics card is not necessary and on-board graphics is fine.

Like this post
DLMLUS

Likes # 0

Nice 1 Chronus

Cheers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015