We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TV headphone socket

agostini
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi don't know if anyone on this site can help but! I bought a new TV last year but it has no headphone socket do you know if it possible to fit one as playing games on my xbox at night is not making my family very happy.

Thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 1

Like this post  
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Well for anyone else who may encounter this problem we will never know if either suggestion worked for agostini

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Most modern televisions have audio output sockets (normally red and white).

Simply buy an adaptor lead, rf audio to headphone.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

It would be helpful to mention the make model of TV and from whom you purchased it.. As Morddwyd mentioned most TV have RCA sockets - Red">http://www.maplin.co.uk/cables-and-connectors&ei=N6MST6LZHcru8QO30ZTkAw&usg=AFQjCNHDSCN3ZOzEdd7XvhlltswoXXpYrA&cad=rja">Red White] for which 3.5 mm adaptors are available [enter link description here

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

The link corrupted try this or simply Google Maplins/cables and connecxtors.

enter">http://www.maplin.co.uk/cables-and-connectors&ei=N6MST6LZHcru8QO30ZTkAw&usg=AFQjCNHDSCN3ZOzEdd7XvhlltswoXXpYrA&cad=rja">enter link description here

Like this post
Miké

Likes # 0

The RCA/Phono sockets are unlikely to have high enough output to directly drive headphones!

There seem to be lots of headphones available that connect directly to Xbox.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback