We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Driven mad by True Image error message 'Can't find location'

Rockarch

Likes # 0

I'm hoping someone who understands True Image can help me out.

I have 2 pcs (XP SP3) both with TI2009 on them which are supposed to backup to a network drive. Just recently I have been getting the same error message on both asking me to 'Specify location of the volume 6' when a scheduled task tries to run. There are options to browse, retry and cancel but browsing to the correct folder location for the backup just generates the same error message over and over again, as does trying to cancel it. There is plenty of space on the NAS drive, I have tried editing the task to try and get round it but I get the same error message. I've looked on the Acronis forums but can't find anything. The error code is W00040011, and Tag=0x6517EOECF4E1020B.

Thanks for your help

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

can happen when drive letter gets changed due to use of aother usb device susch a spen drive or external drive this can "jump" the drive letter up of the drive where you placed the image.

i.e. volume 6 doesn't = F drive any longer

when I had a similar problem, solved it by altering the drive letter using disk management.

Like this post
Rockarch

Likes # 0

Thanks for the suggestion but the NAS is a mapped network drive (Z) so I don't think thats the problem. I've done some more searching on the error code and it seems to indicate that the archive is somehow corrupted. I think I will delete everything and start again or maybe even abandon TI for something else.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia