We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Transferring to folder in ipod touch from overdrive media consol

sheila.weston
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am transferring an audiobook, downloaded from our local library site, to my ipod touch. How do I transfer to the audiobooks folder? The little window of the transfer wizard shows Title, Player and Folder. The folder just has '\' alongside it, but it isn't possible to change this. In the itunes window of the laptop under 'my ipod' there IS a folder marked 'audiobooks', but I can't put that into the transfer wizard window.

Any ideas, please?

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

After you press the 'Transfer' button and click 'Next', the window that opens has an 'Advanced Options' button - click this and you can enter the file path in the box, or click the 'Browse' button and navigate to the folder you want to save to, click on it then press 'OK'. Don't bother with the 'Make New Folder' option, it creates a new folder but doesn't put your book in it.

More information here.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Ah. But my window hasn't got an advanced button. You 'select all' and 'start' and then it starts transferring.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

That's odd. I'm using Overdrive Media Console V3.2.1.0. It has 3 buttons in a row, 'Select All', 'Deselect All' and 'Advanced Options'. Maybe it's something to do with Media Player, I'm using V.11.

Can't you just transfer the files, then move them to the audiobooks folder?

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

Have you considered getting an mp3 player just for audiobooks and using the iPod for music?

Have a look at These. They are the new models, you might be able to get one of old ones fairly cheap on Amazon. The names are confusing, the Clip Zip used to be the Clip and the Clip+ used to be the Fuze, (I think!).

I've got a Fuze+, it's very good for music and audiobooks, though it took a while to get used to it. Not everyone is delighted with it though, have a read of the forums if you think you might like one. Ignore the posts from before the firmware update which seems to have solved most of the problems.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Thank you for your replies. Odd about the missing 'advanced' option. My version is 3.2.1.0. My Windows media Player DRM version is 2.9.0.1. Windows Media Player is 11.0.6002.18311. I'll have to accept it as it is, I think. It is no great problem, just a slight annoyance that I can't put it into the audiobooks folder, particularly as there is a folder under sheila's ipod in the itunes window. I got the ipod especially for audiobooks from the local library and find it fantastic otherwise. I don't listen to music!

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today