We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Long time in Post to find H/Drive.

global-killer

Likes # 0

Just built a new comp some new bits some old.

The Hard Drive is an old bit with M/Board New.Board is an AsRock P5B-DE

Got a problem never encountered before: On power up it seems to be taking between 1-2 min to find the hard drive on post.

Once the comp is running and if I do a soft reset it finds H/Drive straight away with no delay.

Have upgraded Bios to latest and done a clear CMOS several times in case prob is in bios.

In the old days I know boards used to do a RAM check which took a bit of time but this method on pre post was stopped quite a few years ago so unlikley to be the cause.

Anyone else had a prob like this.....?

Many Thanks.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

It could be the drive on it's way out.

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

As Strawballs says its probably the drive is failing, this has been the reason whenever I've encountered this problem. Try a newer drive to test the board with but odds on its the hard drive.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more