We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Graphics card problems

yosh

Likes # 0

I currently have this motherboard http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/IntelSocket1156/P7P55DE/. I have tried updating the graphics card from a palit gtx260. At first I went with http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-147-OK&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1752 and found that upon install I got 1 long beep and 3 short beeps telling me there was no graphics signal found so I sent this card back thinking it was broke. The replacement came and the same happened again so i sent that back and ordered http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-153-EA&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1341 the same as happened yet again. Can anybody tell me if there is any known problems with compatability ????

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I couldn't get your motherboard link to work so try this one

Was the board working Ok with the original Palit GtX 260? If so it sounds as if you either have not got the new cards set in correctly.

The motherboard has two PCIe 2.0 connectors for graphics, have you tried them both?

Like this post
yosh

Likes # 0

Like this post
yosh

Likes # 0

Yeah the gtx260 works fine. I deffo fitted it correctly I am just boggled at why it wont work.

Like this post
global-killer

Likes # 0

Had a similar Issue a week ago.

M/Board had onboard graphics which worked fine but as soon as you put a PCIE card in no display at all.

Checked the manual for M/B and it stated auto cancellation of on board graphics when card inserted. No bios changes Req.

Does your board require you to disable in bios the on/Board graphics or not....?

I have not solved my problem some I'm fairly sure its a M/Board fault. The Board in Question is an AsRock G41C-VS.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I've had a look at the motherboard manual from the download you gave and all I can see is on page 2-22 where it recommends you use the blue PCIe 2.0 slot for the card and not the black one. Is that what you are doing. There is no onboard video so no BIOS changes should be neeeded but do you have the latest BIOS - that's the only thing I can think of.

If the motherboard works with the old gtx260 but not with the new GTX560 and that card works in a different machine (have you tried that?) then it is either a BIOS revision problem or one of incompatibility.

Have you tried the Asus Users Forum

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia