We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Apple Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

CHANGING FROM PC TO APPLE MAC

Linda Weir

Likes # 0

WILL I BE ABLE TO ACCESS AND PROCESS MY FILES AND PHOTOS FROM MY HP PC ON MY APPLE MAC. ALSO CAN I USE MY HARD DRIVES IN THE SAME WAY

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 1

Any files that are NOT Microsoft related should be accessible, however backups made using Microsoft will not be readable.

e.g.Your photo's should be OK, however you may have a problem with files created in Microsoft word, excel etc.

This link should answer most of your questions.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=convert%20microsoft%20documents%20to%20apple%20format&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np

Terry

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 1

If your Mac is new with Lion OS, the answer is Yes. There is a built in utility called Boot Camp Assistant which will help you transfer Files and Data to your Mac from your PC. Not sure what you mean by "can I use my hard drives the same way"

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 1

Copied from Mac Help About Boot Camp With Boot Camp you can install and run Windows XP or Windows Vista on your Intel-based Mac computer, using a Microsoft Windows installation disc that you provide.

Boot Camp Assistant (located in the Utilities folder in Launchpad) helps you set up a Windows partition on your computer’s hard disk and then start the installation of your Windows software. To complete the Boot Camp installation, you install Boot Camp drivers to enable Windows on your Mac.

After installing Windows and the Boot Camp drivers, you can start up your Mac in either Windows or Mac OS X.