We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox Hanging/Freezing

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

From time to time Firefox hangs on my machine. It's usually preceded by a website suddenly not responding to my mouse, or after closing the browser I get an on screen informing me that Firefox is not responding and I have to close it or reboot. However, neither of these options work and the warning keeps reappearing.My only option then is to uninstall and reinstall. This always does the trick, but I'd prefer it not to happen (Twice today). can anyone advise please?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe switch your add ons off to see if it works Ok.If it works Then add them back one at a time to see which one was causing the problem,

Check that your Anti Malware program is not stopping some of the add ons from running or switch the Firewall of temporarily to see if that helps.Latest Version is still 9.0.1

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thankyou Buteman...actally Add-Ons come some way below flower arranging or knitting in my list of interests or things-to- do!! Ok, looked on Options and (I could be wrong here) but no add-ons only Plug-ins displayed. There's about twenty listed...Adobe Acrobat etc and I'd disable the lot if I could without damage!Dare I...should I...a few clicks and I'd be shot of the lot?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Only had 8 plug ins and disabled them just to try it.Rebooted and everything was still working so enabled them again.

How about Extensions anything on there that you can disable.

One way to do it would be to uninstall it using Revo Uninstaller in mode 4,unfortunately you would loose all of your favorites that way.

Have you not tried adblock plus that always makes it run that bit quicker.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Looks helpful 124, off out tonight I'll investigate when I return....thanks.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

OK , started deleting one by one, just got to wait for it to happen again and then I can replace the Plugins.Thanks Buteman and 124 for your help.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It may have been easier just to disable them instead of removing them.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Yes, sorry I did disable and not delete, that's what I should have typed. Thanks again buteman.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...