We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New PC - Split HD

Legslip

Likes # 0

My pal has just purchased a new Acer Desktop with a 1tb HD. I have reloaded all of his progs & files but have just noticed via My Computer that his HD is partitioned into two sectors of about 450gb, one marked Acer C and the other Data D. I presume that the objective is for him to save his personal files to D. If so, why is the PC not already set up for him to do so i.e. why are his Libraries not set up on D? Leaving it as it is would appear to leave D untouched and therefore a waste of space? If what I am saying is near correct, how do we set his PC up to put his data and thereafter have the default save location on the D Sector?

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Braebo - excellent tutorial. A totally different way of doing it to robinofloxleys post but nonetheless a worthy alternative method.

I might suggest that in this instance the original link would be the shorter method but I certainly picked up on a couple of good points from your video.

Like this post
Braebo Computers

Likes # 0

Hi Taff,

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure how it would be welcomed coming from a PC company so am glad it was taken in the spirit of trying to help which was what I wanted.

I for one prefer to watch videos as sometimes something obvious just doesn't seem that obvious!

Thank you again and I hope I can help out more in the future.

Best regards, Lee

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

See the festive spots creative companies have released for Christmas

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad