We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

multi monitors on xphome graphics cards

joe smith

Likes # 0

i want 3 ( or more ) monitors with independent displays ( not clones ) running office programs on Intel i3 with xp home.

Monitors resolutions to be at least 1900X1080.

Card must be cheap.

Any advice appreciated. joe

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

There are plenty out there - generally, supporting VGA, DVI and HDMI or DisplayPort - starting at around £30. So far as not cloning is concerned, that's generally a function of the software that comes with the board: the NVIDIA boards I use all allow you to create different images on each monitor. I'd guess, though, that to support three full HD monitors, you may be looking at more than £30.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You are going to need a very decent GPU to run three monitors at the resolution you have specified. This will not be cheap But there again as you have not specified a budget one can only guess at the cash you have to spend.

Like this post
joe smith

Likes # 0

Thanks for replies

I want the cheapest to achieve my needs. I should have said this more clearly.

Cptr is a home build with BIOSTAR H55A+ MB and Intel i3 540 and runs XP Home 32 bit. I am also thinking of upping the RAM as i am already using RAMDISK ( to increase speed ).

My main limitation is Broadband speed, cant get by this in this rural area but it will suffice. Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance