We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I only want to print some labels.

bumpkin
Resolved

Likes # 0

I only want to print some labels, why is everything so difficult? Bought the labels 65 on A4 sheets that is fine. Just needed a bit of free software from avery to do the template. Got that OK, fine I thought but no. I wants to start writing half way down the label instead of starting at the top, tried the obvious things like backspace but it wont do it. Any ideas please.

Ray

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

how do I know which version of Word

Click on Help menu, then on About Microsoft Office Word

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thank you, it is Word 2002. (10.2627.2625) whatever that means.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Word 2002 then, that's okay you should be able to follow the directions in my posts that are for 2003.

Have you managed to print a page with just the cell borders on yet?

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

Not certain whether this is a mail merge situation i.e. you want to print labels from a database/Word table/Excel spreadsheet or just a lot of same content labels.. Whether or it is or not an earlier suggestion was to buy a Dymo label printer. I bought my wife one 2/3 years ago and she swears by it.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Tried your suggestions, printed the grid and it does not line up with the labels appx 22mm space at bottom and 10mm on RHS despite my settings as no margins.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

In print view and rulers showing - on the ruler drag the columns and rows cell borders to where you want them.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The adjustment of margins should not be necessary if the right label template has been chosen as this should automatically set the margins at the top, bottom, left and right and the distance between labels. The changing of margins may created more problems than it has solved. Suggest you start with a new blank document and then create a label.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Just a thought - Are you using the A4 template and not US letter size as this will throw it out?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Adjustment of cell borders is needed as template is not correct for the type of labels bumkin is using.

from page 2 "The labels I have are 5 colombs X 13 rows on A4 sheets. The sheet is completely covered no spaces top bottom or side or between the labels other than the cut line. Giving a size of 4.2cm x 2.284cm each 65 labels on sheet.

I have tried Avery software but cannot achieve what I want. Tried doing a custom template in Word but the min unit for label size is 1mm so 2.3 is too big to fit the page and 2.2 causes an accumulative miss placing of the text."

Does anyone know of a template that is for the label sheet bumkin has?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

typo: bumkin should be bumpkin

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do