We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I only want to print some labels.

bumpkin
Resolved

Likes # 0

I only want to print some labels, why is everything so difficult? Bought the labels 65 on A4 sheets that is fine. Just needed a bit of free software from avery to do the template. Got that OK, fine I thought but no. I wants to start writing half way down the label instead of starting at the top, tried the obvious things like backspace but it wont do it. Any ideas please.

Ray

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Is it a mail merge? I sometimes find that when I do this with Word 2007 the pre-set paragraph spacing (the pts before) mean that it starts not quite where I want it.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I should also have added 'Cell Alignment' details which specify where your cursor will start text in each cell.

To set the whole sheet this is in 'Table Properties' > 'Cell' choices are Top, Centre, Bottom.

To set individual cells, rightclick in the cell > Cell Alignment, and a box with choices to click on pops up.

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

bupkin,

I've found the following site very helpful(4 Videos)on trying to figure out "Mail Merge"

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/demo-use-the-mail-merge-feature-to-create-mass-mailings-HA010226414.aspx

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi, Using the template suggested l7651. Adjusted the marginsI want to print the grid but cannot find the option.

Ray

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi I am starting to give up on this one despite all your help. I am using the template L7651 as suggested, this works fine for the first couple of lines but by the time I get to row 6 my first line of text is on the label above. I have sorted the margins etc. I would throw these labels away and buy some Avery ones with the software included, but the labels don`t know, this is something in the software. Want to print the grid for comparison. Even if I bought new Avery labels I wonder whether they would print OK as the template is the same. Something somewhere is interfering with the settings so that the further you go down the page the more of the text goes into the label above, a spacing issue I think.

Ray

Like this post
brindly

Likes # 0

I have a epson printer, always have and I use word 2007 when I want to print an envelope or lable i go to Envelope and label wizard and i can get a list of dozens of lables and envelopes. Don't know if this comes with word or epson.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

"but by the time I get to row 6 my first line of text is on the label above". Does each label have more than 6 rows? If it does reduce font size or the space between each line (look under paragraph settings). Are you doing several labels with or without mail merge. If you are typing in each address then you should see the label outline and move to the next label.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

brindly - it is in Word.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"want to print the grid but cannot find the option"

You can't print the Gridlines that are in grey. You need to go to borders and shading and choose to border all the label cells. Then they will be outlined in black and will print.

Do this:

'Edit' > select all

'Format' > Borders & Shading > Borders > All

Now look at the sheet in Print Preview and you will see all the borders and they will print.

(you still haven't said which version of Word you are using - the above is for Word 2003)

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thanks Lotvic, how do I know which version of Word, when I try to find this I can only see Microsoft Office. Word does not show in My programs or if I run SIW.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September