We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I only want to print some labels.

bumpkin
Resolved

Likes # 0

I only want to print some labels, why is everything so difficult? Bought the labels 65 on A4 sheets that is fine. Just needed a bit of free software from avery to do the template. Got that OK, fine I thought but no. I wants to start writing half way down the label instead of starting at the top, tried the obvious things like backspace but it wont do it. Any ideas please.

Ray

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

If you only type one line it will be placed half way down the label, but as you type further down it will space itself symetrically from top to bottom. Try it and see.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Correction to my posting. The software wants to start text halfway down the page not me. Apologies

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Yes, that's what I thought, but as I said the first line typed onto the label will always start in the middle.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

What is the free software from Avery you got to do the template? (provide a link so we can see what you got) and which version of Word are you using?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If you only want to do one Label, Use the Control Key Plus Enter Key to get to the Last Label on the Sheet then type what you want on the Label and print it

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi, thanks to both for your replies, Sea Urchin was right. I would not expect to start in the middle of the page and then work up and down but so be it :-)

Ray

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi again I though I had this sorted, the text will start from the middle and expand to fill the "cell" or "label" which is fine but it won`t print in the correct place. Tricky to explain, say I want to print my name and address for example, first three lines will be printed at the bottom of one label and the rest at the top of the label below. So everything printing OK but in the wrong place. It is like there is a header or something pushing everything down the page by half a label so nothing lines up.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

Don't know the software you're using (Word will do this) but it sounds as if you have it set to the wrong label type.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Check in Control Panel/Printers - right click on your printer and select Properties. Look in Preferences (or Options or similar - depends on your printer) and make sure your default paper size is A4 and not Letter. If that is correct then I would agree with marvin42 - your template is not correct for the type of labels you are using.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?