We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TalkTalk/Tiscali Unable to get email?

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Do you use Tiscali/TalkTalk webmail, if so, have you had problems getting into your email/webmail account, due to a HTTP Status 500 problem?.

I have not been able to get into my TalkTalk/Tiscali account for two days now, because of an internal server problem, which TalkTalk are trying to resolve apparently?.

Any information would be appreciated, if you are or have had the same problem over the past 2 days.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Talk Talk Status Page enter link description here

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

northumbria61

There's nothing wrong with the broadband or telephone, its the webmail which TalkTalk are apparently working on, and its not showing up on the on-line service status. The problem is that TalkTalk cannot tell me how long the issues will remain. Its been two days the webmail service as been down for me!.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

My ISP is Talktalk but I gave up using my Talktalk email address as delivery is so unreliable. They seem to have a lot of problems with it.

My main email is independent of ISP, I use http://www.gmx.co.uk/ and Hotmail (and a couple of others) all of them Free services.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Thanks guys for the replies.

After being on the telephone this evening to TalkTalk's very noisy overseas call centre, and waiting 25 for a human response after listening to the same annoying music, and a constant interruption by a recorded message, on how TalkTalk wants to help me. I can now get into the webmail account, the only problem that I now have, I cannot open the emails in the account!.

I suppose that they are still working on it. So see what tomorrow brings?.

Like this post
ianmcneil

Likes # 0

I had exactly the same problem yesterday, encountering HTTP Status 500 when I tried to login to tiscali email....... previously receiving ERROR:SearchApp or ERROR:PSApp. Now I can login successfully but cannot see the index of emails (or Trash). TalkTalk customer service is a joke and I can't wait for my broadband contract to expire so that I can get away from this dreadful firm.

Like this post
ianmcneil

Likes # 0

Glad to say it seeems to be working ok now.

Like this post
perfect7

Likes # 0

Same problem-if you check on talktalk forum you can read the same complaints from others going back 6years or so! Cannot access/cannot delete/site self logs-out in the middle of emails etc.drives you mad!!!!!!!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

No internet at all this afternoon, because the servers were down. Not sure when the service returned, so now to try and see if TT's webmail is now working?.

Don't fancy contacting TT's support if it isn't :o(

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......