We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Eset keeps flagging up a problem.

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Eset Smart security keeps flagging up a problem every time I open Poker Stars.

10/01/2012 10:51:49 Detected covert channel exploit in ICMP packet 192.168.1.2 77.87.180.226 ICMP

I have ignored it for a while thinking it was a false positive,But had a good look today.

It says, Detected Covet channel Exploit in ICMP packet.

It then gives my ISP router address and gives 77.87.180.226 as the problem.

On checking the problem it comes from somewhere in russia which has got me a bit worried.

Using a Netgear WGR614 and have the security set to Wap-personal and TKIP encription.

Would setting that to WAP2-Enterprise or Wap 2 personal be better,But cannot change it under network connections.Wireless properties Security.

1st should I ignore it as Eset just keeps it in its logs without deleting it.

2nd should I change my security on the router and is there an easy way to do it.

W/7 64Bit home premium if it helps.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Not sure about all of your queries but here is how you change your wireless security - assuming of course that your network card supports WPA2 etc. enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

buteman - further here re: Detected Covet channel Exploit in ICMP packet.

enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have you just upgraded ESET? enter link description here

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't understand why you are worried about the wireless security. Somebody based in Russia cannot hack into it. This appears to be a firewall problem with a detection on your broadband. I see northumbria61 has posted a link.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Yes looks like I will have to miss the Security change as I have forgot my logon username etc.Not sure how that happened as I normally write it down on a book.But must have missed it for some reason.

I think it is something to do with Poker Stars as every time I start that I seem to get the warning.

I have removed it but will install it again and see if the problem occurs again.It has been like that since November so probably nothing to worry about like you say.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just downloaded Poker Stars again and as soon as I signed in I got the Eset warning again.

So just going to ignore it.

Got another address for it in the Uk but nothing shows.

http://www.ip-adress.com/map/MapofUnited_Kingdom/210648bf7eea23f8b4ffa906f00a1403

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

That never came out right lets try again.

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/77.87.180.226

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......