We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Excel 2010 Print Entire workbook problem

Jento

Likes # 0

Hi All,

I have been searching for ages on this and tried multiple things, however I still haven't got any closer on this issue.

I am looking to print a 57 sheet excel workbook. However when I print the entire workbook, the sheets come off in all different orders to the original order on the workbook.

I am not the original owner of the workbook so I am not sure how it was created and no one can give me a sufficient answer to that question, but I am assuming it was collated from different sheets in different workbooks to create the one I am now on.

Is there anyway to stop this from occuring as it is a pain when you print this kind of thing off and need to re-arrange it all when you get it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Jento

I have no doubt you have tried various Google searches, but I came upon this one, may be it will help! PrintComplete Workbook

TonyV

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

This can happen if some of the pages overlap the edges eg it is set up for landscape and you print in portrait. Have a look at print preview and the print boundaries should also be shown on the worksheet.

Like this post
Jento

Likes # 0

Hi guys,

Thanks for replying.

TonyV I have seen all these kind of things and they're pretty generic but thank you. :)

Woolwell, I have all the sheets set in landscape and they also print in landscape.

I am not sure what you mean by print boundaries, is this the pritn area? If so I have removed all these and still the same happens.

Cheers

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It was actually page breaks that I was thinking of Page breaks. If the page breaks are set an awkward place you can get what appears to be odd print orders.

Like this post
Jento

Likes # 0

Thank you for your help Woolwell!

Seems to of got me sorted!

Cheers

Like this post
Jento

Likes # 0

Tell a lie :(

It has sorted some of it out.

However I have noticed when i send the job to print there is like 4 job qued for 1 job in the print que.

I think this is causing the job to print from different areas in the workbook.

Any ideas how to get this to be 1 job in the print que?

Cheers

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Are you selecting to print the entire workbook? Must admit that this one has me puzzled. Have you had a look at your print preferences and printer driver?

Like this post
Jento

Likes # 0

Its network printing that is used, all the printers are on a domain controller.

I'll have a look at my preferences.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia