We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My Wireless has gone

liloldlady

Likes # 0

Hi, I have to now plug in the telephone cable to the laptop as the wireless function has gone, this happens with another laptop as well so it is not the laptops fault. I have BT livebox all the lights on the livebox are on but it will not now work wirelesley?

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

have you tried just resetting the livebox..?

Also laptops have a function key which toggles wifi off and on....usually F2

worth a shot.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Orange provide a livebox. BT have a hub.

If it is a livebox is it paired?

Like this post
liloldlady

Likes # 0

Sorry me getting mixed up with computer speak, It is from BT.

I have tried to reset the box by turning on and off. I have just disconnected the cable now so I will see if this goes through. I am Irunning a satelite Toshiba with windows 7.....Thanks I toggled F2 and that did niot work....Any more help please...

Like this post
liloldlady

Likes # 0

Hi, I still have to plug in the telephone cable to get broadband, so still cannot get wireless, dont forget that my friends laptop cant get the internet as well so it must be a fault with the bt box....Thanks

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

If resetting router doesn't work, and you are sure the wireless function isn't working, contact BT and ask for a replacement.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Your Hub will need to be connected to your telephone socket at all times for your Hub To work Two things to try, first connect your laptop by direct cable see if this works. second use your setting to your BT hub and ensure that your wirless setting are enabled BT have a habit of updateing their Hubs which mave have resulted in the wirless setting being changed

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing