We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Audio books from PC to MP3 Player

Border View
Resolved

Likes # 0

I take delivery of a new SanDisc Clip Zip MP3 player tomorrow. I've been looking at the download sites for audio books and have settled on Audible (an Amazon company).

My question is will I be able to download audio books to my PC and then transfer them to my new MP3 player or will I have to download them direct to the MP3 player.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I think you will be able to do that without any problems.

Your mp3 player will be 'seen' as a storage device by your computer if you are using XP or more recent versions of Windows. I am assuming you will have a connecting cable to plug into a USB socket on your PC.

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

AitchBEE many thanks for responding. I had assumed it would come with the USB cable. If not I have spares. I didn't know if copyright would come into the equation copying from one device to another.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Borderview - I haven't used Audible, so I don't know about any copyright issues.

Personally speaking, I have converted some of my audio discs and tapes (audiobooks), which I have bought, into mp3 files,using my computer, and transferred them to my mp3 player without any legal issues.I think it's ok , as long as it's only for your own personal use.

Other members of this forum might be able to give you more helpful information regarding 'Audible' usage.

Like this post
ton

Likes # 0

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Just to let you all know that when you buy audio books from Audible they first download Audible Manager. This enables you to transfer you books to your MP3 player with no problems.

Wonderful piece of kit and outstanding website.

Thanks everyone.

Like this post  
Border View

Likes # 0

Tried to tick the tick to make it green but it doesnt seem to want to.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks