We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how can I find out what hotmail addresses have been used on my pc?

ozzymodo

Likes # 0

Hi all, I am wondering if there is anyway I can found out what hotmail accounts have been used/signed/registered for on my laptop (running windows7). The reason I am asking is that I signed up for online savings using a diff account to my personal ones so that I would not be inundated with spam and third party ins claims offers etc, and unfortunatly due to a distraction I forgot to write down the #######@hotmail addy though I do remember the password. I think I remember reading somewhere of a small prog that can detect all hotmail addys that are used on the pc but does not give you the password, which as I stated I don't need. Any help appreciated Thanks in advance Ian

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Start - typing hotmail into your search box may give you a list

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Control Panel > Credential Manager.

Like this post
ozzymodo

Likes # 0

hi beta,,m thanks for the msg, I clicked and got onto the page but asa slightly aged pc newbie I am not sure where to go from there as it is the first time I will have acessesd that page/info, any further info would be greatly appreciated. North: thanks for your suggestion but I had already done that and got onto a site that could help me, but wanted a fee of $45 for the answer to the prob. Ian

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Running SIW (Freeware version) and clicking Software/Passwords may give a clue (if you saved the password with that hotmail acct)

Or did you send or receive some Test emails on another account when you first set up the Hotmail acct? Check Inboxes, Sent, Spam, Drafts etc.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

North: thanks for your suggestion but I had already done that and got onto a site that could help me, but wanted a fee of $45 for the answer to the prob.

I am not quite sure what you mean by this or how you got to an Internet site.

From the Start Orb I typed hotmail into the search box and got a list of all my hotmail addresses that I use (or used to use a long time ago) in the start menu - they are stored on my computer and in no way did I connect to the Internet. (Windows 7)

OR did you type hotmail into the Google search box?

Like this post
ozzymodo

Likes # 0

hi north, soz for late reply but went on a nite shift yesterday. I first did an online search and that was how I got to the site. I typed hotmail in on my start/search and all I get is "link online id's with you windows user account" then there is a box in blue underneath that say's Windows Live id An online ID from this provider has not been linked. When I sign up for a hotmail addy I remember my log in info but dont actually think I clicked remember my password as I can remember them it was just the ~~~~~@ hotmail.co etc that I forgot (senile dementia starting to creep in methinks lol) Thanks for taking time to reply tho Ian

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers