We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Create a slideshow and burn to CD

Sparkly

Likes # 0

Hi could someone help with this, i have a folder with 80 scans in it (.gif)they are A4 scans of a friends memiours he has asked if i could put them onto a CD so he can play them on the PC/DVD player for friends as a slideshow, i have tried putting them into PowerPoint to create a slideshow but the scans are to big for the slide the whole prodject is only 40mb in size,can anyone suggest a programe i could use to see the scans complete preferably free as its a one of,thanks.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Need to know what Operating Sys you have XP, Vista, W7 and if 32bit or 64bit.

The program you want is probably already on your pc installed with the MSoft Op Sys.

(Different program to Powerpoint)

Like this post
Sparkly

Likes # 0

Hi lotvic its XP Home 32 bit.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Don't burn to CD, instead burn as a DVD Video SlideShow.

XP, then you should have Windows Movie Maker 2 which will make a slideshow video in DV-AVI format. (it also does .wmv but that is lower quality). Save a DV-AVI copy to 'My Computer/My Videos. Follow this guide http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Tutorials/HowToVideoSlideShow.aspx

After you have saved your video to file in 'My Videos' you can use the free program DVDFlick to convert it and burn to DVD. Follow this guide http://dvd-photo-slideshow.blogspot.com/2009/06/free-burn-windows-movie-maker-video.html

Practice with just a few photos in Windows Movie maker, adding Transitions, altering the time pics are displayed, adding Effect and Titles etc. Save practice slideshow(s) as DV-AVI to My Videos as if you were going to use them to import to DVDFlick to convert and then burn to DVD using Imgburn (Imgburn also free is included in DVDFick download)

Hope you have as much fun as I do making them :))

Like this post
Sparkly

Likes # 0

Thanks lotvic great help its for an old friend who sadly is looking to go into a home (92 years young)and wants all his activities in sport education documented on CD/DVD so he can play them back,i have all the photos done but the A4 scans of his memiours that i have scanned were just to large for the slides as described earlier. Many thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK