We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Filming in HD on Cyberlink PowerDirector 8, advice needed please?

Sneeze1

Likes # 0

Hi I have a Sony HD camcorder and have been told I can’t film in standard, so I will have to film in HD. I have Windows XP Home and upload my movies through Cyberlink Power Director Version 8. I am worried that I will get error messages on my screen when I try to get the files through Cyberlink Power Director. This is the first time I have filmed in HD. What I would like to know is will I have to spend ages looking for a HD conversion, or will Cyberlink be able to handle the files?

Thanks very much.

Like this post
100andthirty

Likes # 0

Best thing to do is try it. Handling HD video requires both suitable software and a decent processor. Having 64bit operating system and video editing sodtware helps.

What processor and OS do you have?

The latest Powerdirector 10 Ultra version is 64 bit software and highly spoken of for HD editing but is £65 and needs a 64 bit operating system to work.

I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10 Platinum on a quad core Athlon with Windows 7, 64 bit. This is fine but the Sony software needed a small hack to make it see more than 2GB.

Like this post
Sneeze1

Likes # 0

Hi I have Windows XP Home and my movie software I use is Cyberlink Power Director Version 8, I hope to upgrade to 9 if possible as it came as a free programme with one of my digital camera magazines.

Not sure what processor my pc has, how do I find that out please? I think it could be Processor x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~2399 Mhz does that help?

Like this post
100andthirty

Likes # 0

First thing I'd do is try the movies with the software you've got.

Like this post
Sneeze1

Likes # 0

I might turn the HD off on the camera and film in standard.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014