We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Old computer and black screen!

gumperstain

Likes # 0

i've had a laptop for 8 year now (Evesham Voyager X5) and about 3 years back, knocked it off a table which messed up the screen so it wouldn’t light up. however everything else works fine on it and i’ve been hooking it up to an old block monitor, but i find it annoying now as i have lots of valuable software on the machine. i’m not too great on the hardware side of computing, however i did a bit of research today, watched some utube videos and found out it’s most likely either the inverter or backlight gone bust. the thing is though, as the computer so old, i can’t seem to find anything about its spec and i was wondering if it matter what make/model inverter i bought if i was to buy one too the computer's voltage and the lcd screen it has on it already?

Like this post
gumperstain

Likes # 0

yeah the x5 does have wi-fi

i put the lid switch back in place, but where one of the clips snapped, it springs back up and no longer closes properly.

i'm still not sure what’s really a matter if it's the inverter or not, just gone by you guys and what i've seen in videos. i guess i have to just some other person to test it out and fix.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone