We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where is the best place to get a new driver for my SD Card Reader on my PC

Repurr

Likes # 0

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire T671 SB7Z running Vista Home Premium, and my card reader has stopped working. When I insert the card, the green light goes on and nothing happens.

Can I simply reinstall a new driver, if so can someone point to a good site where I can download one from?

Many thanks

R

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Does this happen with all cards or just one card? In Device Manager does the card reader show as working ok?

Acer is probably the best site to get a driver if you need one.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Don't think a 'new driver' is your problem. Vista should recognise the card reader as Drive Letters in 'My Computer'

Do you mean that you don't get the popup window to ask what you want to do with the files/pics on the SD card?

Have a look in Windows Explorer 'My Computer' and see if the drive letters are displayed for your card reader and if the SD card and it's contents is listed as being in one of the drive letters.

Like this post
Repurr

Likes # 0

Thanks for your post lotvic,

I do not get a pop up window asking what I want to do with the files and the card does not appear in "My computer".

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Did you also look in Device Manager? as per Woolwell said to check if working properly.

Like this post
Repurr

Likes # 0

Thanks,

I have checked other cards, which also do not work and have checked Device Manager which says the reader is working properly.

Like this post
Repurr

Likes # 0

Thanks,

I have checked other cards, which also do not work and have checked Device Manager which says the reader is working properly.

Like this post
Repurr

Likes # 0

Thanks,

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Can you test a card in a different system?

Concerned that your reader may have died.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Rather expensive to call but I have found them helpful in the past Acer Support

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...