We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HDD in Sony Tablet S

stlucia2

Likes # 0

I thought that one of the advantages of tablets was that their data storage was solid-state, so data access and, particularly, boot-up is quicker than a conventional laptop.

But on looking at the Sony Tablet S, I see that it's storage is an HDD. Does this, in practice, slow it down compared with the likes of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, or have any other disadvantage apart from the risk of HDD failure?

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

^

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

I'm surprised that there hasn't been any comment on this. Is it because my information is wrong, and the Sony tablet uses solid state memory like all the others? Or has nobody bought a Sony S, so can't comment on its performance?

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 0

Perhaps you could state what source leads you to believe that it contains a hard drive. I suspect that this is not correct.

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

Well, I could have sworn I saw it on Sony's own web site http://www.sony.co.uk/product/sony-tablet-s/tab/editorialarticle2 , but now it says "... up to 32GB storage ..." where previously I thought I read "... 32GB HDD ...". Maybe it was some other site, but I know I read it otherwise I wouldn't have made this posting. The Sony site does show an icon which is clearly an HDD though, when one goes to the Specification tab and looks at Storage.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Locks like flash memory, link

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite