We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Driver updates

Scubaman
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just run various programs regarding driver software updates. The three I tried all said I have drivers out of date, yet when I run Device Manager and click update driver software, it tells me the drivers are up to date. Who is wrong?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

If you have no problems, leave the drivers alone, driver update programs are better left alone. If you really need to update drivers, go to their website and update from there.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

ditto

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I ran the AMD tool the other day which gave me 2 updates for my System unfortunately Device manager does not always tell you that updates are available.

Many a person having trouble with their Monitors and check Device manager and no problems show.

But when they go to the proper site and download the updates their problems disappear.

So not always good to rely on Device manager.

And if you download any drivers make sure that they are digitally signed as Microsoft does not work kindly with unsigned drivers.

So there you go you have 2 choices and if your computer is working Ok just now why change it.If not maybe try new drivers.

Like this post  
Scubaman

Likes # 0

Thanks all, I also ran uniblue and it showed all drivers up to date. Left well alone.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure if you paid for uniblue or just the trial but there have been some fairly bad reviews for Uniblue maybe read some of them in case you are tempted to pay.

maybe it is better now than it used to be I don't know.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July