We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Friend Request on Facebook

K*B
Resolved

Likes # 0

I'm a beginner on Facebook and I've just seen a Facebook friend request in my email inbox. How do I accept this request? I guess I must open the email and then .......... ? I'm completely blank, pls help. Do I have to accept the request before I can communicate with them on Facebook? I know this person very well. How do I use this Facebook thing? Thanks.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

My Advice: Before you open the email to click on link to accept the Friend. First contact them the ordinary way, phone, text, email, talk in person to make sure that it is them that has made the request. Spoof (full of viruses and malware)'friend' requests on Facebook are very common and the link in the email may not be what you think it is. I would suggest caution and to resist the urge to accept every request in your email inbox.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Almost all you need is here Facebook help. Don't click on the e-mail as it should be just an alert that a "friend" has asked to be a friend on facebook. The important thing, as lotvic has stated, is to make sure that it really is a person you know and do want as a friend on Facebook. I have some people I know but I don't want them as friends (and that includes some relatives) and I have ignored their requests. The alert should be on Facebook and you can accept or decline the invitation there.

Like this post  
chaztait

Likes # 0

You should receive a friend request on there actual website. Accept them through the website rather than clicking the link on your email incase it is a phishing scam. You can also specify on when facebook will email you. New Friends Requests, Someone posting on your wall ect. I have them all un ticked as my phone or iPads facebook app notify me of anything. Hope this helps

Like this post
K*B

Likes # 0

Thanks friends.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK