We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

problems connecting computer to led tv

polish
Resolved

Likes # 0

i have just purchased a sharp 22 inch led tv but when connecting the vga cable the screen display says no connection thru pc yet old monitor works fine and 12 month old 22 lcd tv works fine i have changed to different resolutions with no joy and contacted sharp but they say problem is with pc.any help would be appreciated.

Like this post
spiderlegz

Likes # 0

Is the new screen a normal TV with a VGA socket & not just a PC monitor? if so, then you'll need to press the 'source input button' or menu & select VGA input.

Like this post
spiderlegz

Likes # 0

Also, is it possible that you have plugged your VGA cable into the wrong slot (on the back of your PC) as you may have a graphics card, which should be your output & not the on-board VGA connection (which will be higher up near the speaker/mic phono sockets.

Like this post
polish

Likes # 0

thanks for reply spiderlegz the graphics card is a 8800 gt i have used the same conection for the old monitor and the older tv and both work with no problems

Like this post
polish

Likes # 0

not sure why but i swapped dvi connection from dvi 1 to dvi 2 and it works ?

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes