We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Shut down problem

Scubaman
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am cleaning up a friends' computer running Vista, I have done all the things suggested in this helproom and it runs smoothly again. The only thing I cannot fatham out is the message on shutting down. 'ui Operate Registry, open shard memory, using mutex not success6' then a couple of seconds later I see a tiny icon with 'Wrong' next to it, and a message saying that this program is preventing your comp from shutting down. I can force the shutdown but was wondering about this message.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Run the registry cleaner tool in CCleaner and then retry

Like this post
Scubaman

Likes # 0

I have already run the cleaner and defrag and run the virus and spyware progs, I have run CCCleaner again but still the same message appears.

Like this post
Scubaman

Likes # 0

I think I have solved it. Having trawled the net I learned that it was to do with the wireless USB adapter drivers. I re-installed the drivers and it now seems ok, fingers crossed. I think he uses the USB adapter because the onboard one is not powerful enough when it is used upstairs.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features