We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Exporting files and folders from Hotmail

dianes278

Likes # 0

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if it is, how do I do it.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Hotmail is web based with all your emails held on the Microsoft server so that you can access them from any machine. Why would you want to export them?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

This has been much debated - don't believe it has been overcome yet but have a look at this article which says if you change to Windows Live Mail you can sync folders to your hard drive.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Scratching my head over this, I still collect and send my free Hotmail email on my pc using Outlook Express. Maybe they took away this for new accounts?

My incoming mail server is a POP3 server.

Incoming mail (POP3): pop3.live.com

Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.live.com

Port 587 Outgoing

Port 995 Incoming

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

In response to lotvic you can still do this - I use Thunderbird and it works well. Not sure this is what dianes278 is thinking of but it certainly is an option.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I use outlook express for my web mail (Gmail) .If you want to Export (save from Outlook); this is how.

Create a folder (e.g email) on your desktop Open Outlook and select the mail you want to save, then drag it to the folder you have just created.

it is then treated like any other document and can be edited in any way you choose.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK