We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

removal of office 97

dvdcllns
Resolved

Likes # 0

I'm trying to remove a copy of office 97 from a laptop that's running Xp. It asks me for the installation Cd1 but I don't have the CD's

Any suggestions?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You can completely uninstall Office 97 (as well as other versions) without CD also. Download and use Microsoft Office Removal Wizard (for Microsoft Office 4.x, Office 95, Office 97, and Office 2000); and then download and use Utility to completely remove remaining Office 97 files and registry entries.

Instead you also can manually delete all Office-related folders and files, and then delete all Office-related Registry keys. For more information, see MSKB 158658: How to Completely Remove Microsoft Office 97

Like this post  
dvdcllns

Likes # 0

Worked a treat guys! Thanks very much. Now, how do I tick this thread as 'resolved'?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Click on the big grey tick that is just to the right of posts. Click on the one that best answered your query. The tick will turn green. Next time you refresh the page it will be marked as Resolved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...