We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Remove unwanted options on autoplay

iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, I have just un installed Nero 9 fom w7.on the autoplay menu there are options for Nero,they are the usual red/ blue icons that appear when windows can't identify a file. I have reset the option in autoplay in control panel ,but no luck. Without having to edit the registry ,is there a way to remove them please . Thanks

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

Try here...Nero general clean tool http://www.nero.com/enu/tools-utilities.html

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You say you do not want to edit the registry however a good safe registry cleaner will do that for you.

One of the safest is the one include as part of CCleaner

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Thanks,I have used the Nero tool still shows the unwanted icons,I have ran ccleaner registry cleaner and registry mechanic ,still the same.thanks for the help

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Remove Handlers By Registry Editing

backup your registry before modifying.

Go to Start and click Run, in the dialog box type regedit and hit Enter.

AutoPlay Handlers are located at the following registry location in Windows:

HKEYLOCALMACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ AutoplayHandlers \ Handlers \

HKEYLOCALMACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ AutoplayHandlers \ EventHandlers \

To remove a particular handler, delete the registry key from from the Handlers pane and also delete the corresponding registry key from the EventHandlers pane.

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Thanks for the detailed guide,will give it ago tomorrow ,thanks again

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...