We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Virgin Media Cable Connection....Upgrade of my Belkin N Wireless Model F5D8233-4V3

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning to you all. I currently have a Belkin N Wireless Router Model No F5D8233-4V3 ROUTER, its here:http://www.pcworld.com/product/31210/belkinbelkinnwirelessrouterf5d82334v3.html and its a calbe connection as i'm with virgin media with a 10Mbps broadband connection. I wish to upgrade to a better router so i'm looking for some souggestions please, ideally with Argos as I can click and just reserve, or Amazon oranywhere really as long as its on OFFER in the sale lol.

I live in a high-rise block and all my rooms are on 1 floor, I have a playstation 3, and a desktop connection,and a wireless toshiba laptop, and a Samsung s2 galaxy phone. The problem seems to be with the galaxy s2 fone, as it keeps saying obtaining IP address, and I keep having to click on the forget connection and then keep inputting the password all the time Also when i'm in my bedroom the S2 fone seems to completely lose connection, but the laptop is always ok. Also as i've had this Router for over 3 years I just think that its time for me to get something a lot MORE powerful and with a better signal range.

Any helpful suggestions/solutions would be most appreciated, pls note I'm with Virgin media, AND budget is around £30-£40 please.

Many thanks Jules

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

Hey folks, in response to my previous post about wanthing a new router, I just came across this one and wanted some opinions, as it seems to have good user review on amazon. Here it is, its from TP link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-WR841N-300Mbs-Wireless-Router/dp/B001FWYGJS/ref=cmcrprproducttop

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

julius44

Have you tried phoning Virgin and see if they will upgrade the router for free.

Sorry can't help with new router all I know is that some routers will not work with Virginmedia and not sure if that is one of them or not.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Further to butemans suggestion I agree contact VM to update your router is the best solution. In fact if you upgrade your package you may well qualify for the latest VM router which I found no problems at all with

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

4G to get faster and cheaper with Freeview spectrum: We're in for a wait though

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy your gadgets at launch: Wait and pick up a bargain

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?