We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Word 2007 - Modifying Style for indent on first line of paragraph

sheila.weston
Resolved

Likes # 0

In M/S Word 2007, when modifying the style where is the option to have no indent on the first line of a chapter, or new section, and an indent on all the other paragraphs? Thanks for any help.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

sheila.weston

If you open a Word Document, then click on the Help (?) on the Top Left Hand Side, then type in Indent Setting, you will get quite a lot of information relating to Indent Settings.

TonyV

Like this post  
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Many thanks, Tony. I had been looking under the Styles files, not indents.There is a very useful page at http://www.gcflearnfree.org/word2007/21.3 etc. BUT it doesn't tell me how to incorporate it into the default style. Have you any ideas?

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

sheila.weston

You would probably need to set up a blank Template with all the settings you require for that particular Document if you are using it a lot. Something akin to the normal Blank Document Template, but set the way you want it and then saved with a name relevant to the end use.

TonyV

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Good idea! I'll sign off this thread and try it. I've only used the template option for one wih an address in, so far.

Thanks again.

Sheila

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

sheila.weston

Hope it goes well!

TonyV

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...